About the DevOps Course
A website for the NYU online DevOps course, built by Dr. Eugene Callahan, Vivek Bharti, Akshay Tambe, and the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 DevOps students. The spring team is:
- Gaurav Wadhawan
- Shrey Gupta
- Pulkit Aneja
- Faiyaz Sundrani
The requirements for a A-quality course project are:
- The project strictly follows the DRY principle: everything that must appear in multiple places in the project has a single source.
- All aspects of the project are under version control, including source, build scripts, graphics, documentation, and anything else related to the project.
- Make sure to test changes locally before committing.
- The project has automated testing with over 50% test coverage, and, if web-based, has Selenium tests.
- All of your code should pass a lint tool for the language you are using.
- For any aspects of the project that are built, there is an automated build process.
- Developers can work in a Docker container for development, and deploys can be done via a container. Furthermore, the containers themselves are built by scripts, not by hand.
- The project can successfully be deployed to the cloud.
- There is monitoring in place for the project.